The Beautiful South Coastwith Sterna Travel
Duration: 9,5 – 10 hours
Location: South Iceland
Season: All year
Departures: 8:30 – Every day. Pick up from accommodation in Reykjavik starts 30 minutes before.Departure Departure from Hveragerði is at 09:05 and Selfoss 09:15
Additional Info: Closed out days: 24th, 25th and 31st of December and January 1st. Optional to start from Hveragerði or Selfoss.Return to Reykjavík: 18-18:30
- Bus tour
- English speaking guide
- Meals and Beverages
Where else than in Iceland can you stand behind a waterfall, touch a glacier and walk on a black sand beach during a 10 hour trip? An extremely comprehensive tour of Iceland’s south coast.
The south coast is an instant classic with much to offer. We stop by two waterfalls, one called Seljalandsfoss where you can walk behind. The other is the mighty Skógafoss believed by many to be one of Iceland’s most beautiful waterfalls. You get the chance to walk along the black sand beach of Reynisfjara and up close to a fast melting glacier called Sólheimajökull glacier. View cape Dyrhólaey, spectacular ocean cliffs where the ocean is constantly changing the shoreline of Iceland.
This tours offers:
- The photogenic waterfall of Skógafoss.
- Black sand beach of Reynisfjara with columnar basalt formations and ocean carved caves.
- Cape Dyrhólaey and the view of Seaside cliffs (puffin season is from: 15th May to 20th August).
- Lunch stop is at the small village of Vík or Reynisfjara.
- Sólheimajökull glacier where you take an easy walk all the way to the edge of the glacier.
- The Seljalandsfoss waterfall where you can walk behind in mild weather.
NOTE: Short, easy walks on the sites visited. Recommended to dress warm because the weather in Iceland can change in the matter of minutes.