It is the goal at Guðmundur Tyrfingsson Ltd. to offer new, good and “excellent for purpose” vehicles and to offer first class service in all aspects of our operation, from all of our staff.
The company puts its emphasis on holding its position as a widely recognized and highly regarded leading company in all aspects of quality matters related to our type of business. We always seek new ways to further improve the excellent service that we already provide.
For five years, the Icelandic Government has offered the accolade of “Strongest in Iceland” for businesses that show the highest standards possible. Of all Icelandic businesses that apply for such status, only 1% of Icelandic companies actually gain the accreditation. In each of these 5 years, Guðmundur Tyrfingsson Ltd. has gained this award.
Guðmundur Tyrfingsson enforces the company’s Quality policy by:
- Adapting to the conditions of our clients at all times, and to do our very best to fulfill our clients wishes.
- Providing vehicles from our fleet of the highest quality available.
- Checking all vehicles each year by independent vehicle inspection and to maintain vehicles by having regular servicing and maintenance schedules in our own garage, with our own mechanics.
- Noting all comments from clients concerning the quality of service that we have provided and, where necessary, ensuring that all points are acted upon.
- Organizing a yearly Training Course where the importance of the provision of quality in all aspects of our operation is fully discussed.
- Updating and reviewing yearly the Quality Handbook for drivers. This handbook is in all vehicles. In the Quality Handbook are work rules for drivers, the policies of the company as well as other useful information for drivers.
- We also work according to the environmental, safety and quality system of “Beluga”, an Icelandic organization promoting sustainability of the environment.