Terms & Conditions
AGREEMENT FOR COACH RENTAL:
1. Pricegroup is based on number of seats and quantity of luggage, not by the number of passengers. If a luggage trailer is needed the charge for it is 4.000 ISK per day.
2. On major public holidays an extra fee will be charged for the day, major public holidays are New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Day, Whit Sunday, 17 June, the August Bank Holiday, Christmas Day and the periods after 12:00 noon on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
3. If the tour includes driving on highland routes, marked as a F road, plus Kjölur route and Kaldidalur route an extra fee will be charged for the tour. 10% extra fee is charged for a 4×4 bus.
4. The driver should be provided with full board and accommodation by the lessee.
5. In excursions that do not include two hot meals per day (for example only breakfast, bread and soup for all meals) a half board for the driver will be charged. If no board is included an extra fee of 7.000 ISK per day will be charged.
6. Accommodation for the driver in a single room should be provided otherwise extra 12.000 ISK per night will be charged.
7. 11% VAT is included in the above prices.
All rates are based on current purchasing prices in Iceland. GuðmundurTyrfingsson Ltd ehf reserves the right to increase prices already quoted in the event of currency fluctuation, government taxes, or due to any other cost increases that are outside GuðmundurTyrfingsson Ltd control. Guðmundur Tyrfngsson Ltd reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time.
This pricelist is valid from 1. January 2016 to 31. December 2016
VALIDITY OF PRICES:
All prices quoted or shown in our price list are based on current purchasing prices. Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. reserves the right to increase prices already quoted or published in our price lists without notice in the event of currency fluctuation, government taxes, or due to any other cost increases that are outside the control of Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf.
After the invoice has been issued the price is guaranteed against any surcharge, unless the increase is due to government laws or currency changes.
Tips/gratuities, baggage or personal insurance, beverages, food, or any other services not described in the product’s description and all other purchases of a personal nature are not included in the price.
Parking fees, admission fees or entrance fees are not included in the price unless otherwise stated.
Bookings must be made by e-mail to Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. All requests for modifications/amendments must be sent by email to Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. cannot be held responsible for any problem that may happen if the customer does not receive or read carefully his confirmation.
TERMS OF PAYMENT:
Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. will request 50% of the total package price 8 weeks prior to arrival. Full payment shall reach Guðmundur Tyrfingsson ehf at least 4 weeks prior to arrival.
In case of any delay on these payments, Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf will reserve the right to take appropriate actions and treat this as a cancellation and withdraw the confirmation of all the services. To avoid any of these inconveniencies, a bank statement of the payment should be sent as soon as the payment is done to Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. is aware of the delays due to money transfers between countries.
Beneficiary name: Guðmundur Tyrfingsson ehf.
Beneficiary account: IBAN: IS31 0152 3871 8003 7009 6901 09
Beneficiaries bank: NBI HF (SWIFT: NBIIISRE)
Landsbankinn (NBI hf.) Austurstræti 11, 155 Reykjavík
All cancellations must be made by fax or email.
Please note that cancellations of passengers within a group may cause a price increase for the group or a cancellation fee for those particular passengers.
Except otherwise stated, tour or package or any product cancelled without due notice are subjected to a cancellation fee according to the following scale :
Cancellation of group bookings must reach Guðmundur Tyrfingsson ehf 8 weeks before arrival.
– 8-4 weeks 10% of the total amount will be charged
– 4 weeks 50% of the total amount will be charged
– 2 weeks or less 80% of the total amount will be charged
– 24 hours or less prior to booked arrival date: 100% of total amount will be charged.
This is valid as well for “no shows”.
Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. assumes no liability for injury, loss, damage, accident, sickness, delay, changes in schedules caused by weather conditions, or any irregularities or inconveniences which may occur either by reason of defect, or as acts of government or other civil authorities (war, civil disturbances, strikes, etc.) or from any cause beyond Gudmundur Tyrfingsson’s control.
In case of any changes in flights (domestic and international), extra hotel nights, meals, transfers etc.,the customer bears full responsibility for the payment of any additional fees and costs as a result of the changes, at the time the service is provided.
Gudmundur Tyrfingsson strongly recommends that all tour participants obtain a travel insurancea for such items as trip cancellation, medical care, baggage loss or damage and any injury or accident that might occur during their stay in Iceland and during optional tours, such as riding tours, snow scooter tours and so on…
Guðmundur Tyrfingsson is not responible for damage or loss of luggage or personal belongings of passengers even if they are based in the coach. Therefor it is strongly recommended that all participants obtain an insurance of luggage.
On the other hand, Gudmundur Tyrfingsson guarantees that all the insurances, that the Icelandic state requires from tour operators and travel agencies, are available.
If the customer is not satisfied with the trip to Iceland, he/she must inform Gudmundur Tyrfingsson ehf. within 90 days after their departure from Iceland. Otherwise a possible compensation is not valid.
All disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be resolved in the District Court of Suðurland, Selfoss, Iceland.